- 185908 - Supply Chain Logistics Specialist 2
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- Up to $33.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Supply Chain Logistics Specialist 2 for an opportunity in El Segundo, CA.
• Researches and resolves customer and supplier issues. Interfaces with internal and external worldwide import operations and organizations.
• Meet internal customer's deadlines by ensuring timely processing and delivery of import shipments.
• Acts as liaison with customs brokers, freight forwarders and internal customers to coordinate shipments and resolve problems.
• Mantains acurate and timely electronic record keeping
• Provide broker with entry instructions and monitor broker's performance.
• Audit all import files for accuracy/completeness imediately after entry. Identifies entry discrepancies and cordinates entry corrections with import operations and customs broker, and monitors all post entry amendments.
• Support NGC export personnel/process to ensure required documentation/data is secured prior to exportation in order to facilitate the processing of import entries.
• Support other Import Operations and adminsitrative functions, as required.
• 3 years of experience in Logistics, customs brokerage, freight-forwarding, or a large importer with a Bachelor's degree(10 years of experience total in lieu of a Bachelor's degree) or years of experience with a Master's degree.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, Access, and Project
• Working knowledge of SAP
• 6 years of experience in Logistics, customs brokerage, freight-forwarding, or a large importer with a Bachelor's degree (10 years of experience total in lieu of a Bachelor's degree), or 4 years of experience with a Master's degree.
• Aerospace & Defense sector experience
• Knowledge of operations with regards to both air & ocean import shipments
Accredited Bachelor's degree (10 years of experience total in lieu of a Bachelor's degree), or 4 years of experience with a Accredited Master's degree.
HOURS: 9/80 WORK WEEK
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.